Ringing out the water is very important. I would also bake at 425 or 450 depending on how thick your latkes are.

lorigoldsby

Also...if you have a baking stone...that will help crisp up the latkes

Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

Have your pan in the oven heating to the oven's temperature. Then add your fat/oil of choice. When all is superhot, add yor dollops/mixture. This way, although you are "baking," you mimic "sauteeeing/frying" in that your heat source is truly hot. Waiting for these 3 things to get to the same temperature might result in a less crispy crisp.

Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon

p.s. I suggest enamel cast iron or cast iron or the heaviest stainless steel saute pan you have. The better the conductor of heat, the better the end result.