🔕 🔔

How long will the brined pecans keep? Can they be frozen?

asked by Judi Bee over 4 years ago
8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

In a tightly sealed jar they will probably last 1 - 1 1/2 weeks. I think freezing them may effect the brininess

If you are referring to the crispy spice brined pecans, the recipe for which I posted on this site -- they'll keep for at least several weeks if stored in a tightly covered container in a cool, dark place. I've kept them for several months and they've been fine, though they're better within the first month or so. I've never frozen them. I don't think I would, as I believe it would soften them, detrimentally affecting their texture. ;o)

2e76cf97 2d3d 429e a4b4 7be0bcf4c88d  headshot

I freeze my own brined pecans, which I make very similarly to AntoniaJames' recipe, and I actually prefer them out of the freezer and store them there even if I'm going to use them up quickly. I haven't found that freezing softens them at all, but rather that it makes them more crispy and snappy. AJ, you should try it sometime!