🔕 🔔

Roasting temperature for Crispy Spice Brined Pecans

I am making the Crispy Spice Brined Pecans. The recipe calls for roasting for 10-12 hours at 150 degrees, but my oven's lowest temperature is 170. Do I need to worry about burning?

asked by Robyn Miller almost 4 years ago

172e0078 7bf7 4dbb ae8c a5a1067203a2  twitter
Emily Weinberger

Emily is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Mmmm, this recipe sounds so good and would be great at a party or even as a gift! I would just shorten the cooking time by a few hours maybe 9-11 rather than 10-12. Enjoy!

It's fine to roast at 170 degrees. They won't burn. You probably won't need the entire 10 hours as noted by Emily. In fact, you can probably get away with 8. (If you look at the Food52 editors' comments, they roasted for less than that. I do like these pecans very crisp, however. The texture is magical.) ;o)

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

These pecans are completely addicting!