🔕 🔔

I have made caramels but it did not reach 145 temp required... Can I reheat to temp or can I make caramel sauce and can it?

A88a7285 b28e 4350 a676 8818d8207aeb  84810 i have made caramels but it did not reach 145 temp required.can i reheat to temp or can i make caramel sauce and can it

asked by Cranaleith cook almost 5 years ago

You can definitely reheat to the appropriate temperature! I would not recommend canning unless it is a tested canning recipe -- unless you're "canning" it in freezer jars.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I don't know about reheating, but caramel is unsafe to can at home - it simply isn't acid enough and products with dairy in them can't be safely canned at home.

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

If there is dairy in it already, I wouldn't reheat. The high heat your sugar needs to reach in order to thicken would most likely scorch the cream giving it a weird taste.