A question about a recipe: Milk chocolate nutmeg tart with hazelnut crust

E1833f0c 08cb 4fc9 baef 96c09f5fb0b6  food52 02 28 2012 1550

I have a question about the recipe "Milk chocolate nutmeg tart with hazelnut crust" from fiveandspice. Do the hazelnuts need to be toasted and peeled first?

asked by manders almost 6 years ago

I hope fivanadspice answers but usually hazelnuts are peeled before used in a crust. Roasting hazelnuts with peels allows you to rub off the peel. You can buy peeled hazelnuts and then you probably wouldn't need to roast them, though roasting provides added flavor

Tarragon

I didn't toast them when I made this tart and the crust was delicious. There are relatively few hazelnuts in the crust, which gets baked anyway. That said, it never hurts to toast nuts!