🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Milk chocolate nutmeg tart with hazelnut crust

E1833f0c 08cb 4fc9 baef 96c09f5fb0b6  food52 02 28 2012 1550

I have a question about the recipe "Milk chocolate nutmeg tart with hazelnut crust" from fiveandspice. Do the hazelnuts need to be toasted and peeled first?

asked by manders almost 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I hope fivanadspice answers but usually hazelnuts are peeled before used in a crust. Roasting hazelnuts with peels allows you to rub off the peel. You can buy peeled hazelnuts and then you probably wouldn't need to roast them, though roasting provides added flavor

I didn't toast them when I made this tart and the crust was delicious. There are relatively few hazelnuts in the crust, which gets baked anyway. That said, it never hurts to toast nuts!