Sweet Tangy Mustard Recipe for Canning

HI, I am searching for a good, safe recipe for sweet tangy mustard for waterbath canning. Does anyone know of one? If so, I would greatly appreciate a link. Thank you so much!

Diana B
Diana B December 8, 2012

How about this: http://spectacularlydelicious.com/2012/12/02/pomegranate-cranberry-mustard-a-spectacular-home-made-christmas-gift/ If that doesn't suit, PunkDomestics has a couple of pages' worth of recipes, a number of which are safe for canning: http://www.punkdomestics.com/search/node/mustard

CHeeb
CHeeb December 8, 2012

Sweet Hot Mustard
1 cup dry English mustard powder(preferably Colemans)
1 cup tarragon vinegar
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
This recipe comes from the hysterical BEING DEAD IS NO EXCUSE cookbook, page 23. I have made it many times and it is deicious.It is a refrigerator kept product, and I do not know if it can be safely canned due to the egg in it. Mix the first three ingredients and let them stand overnight on the counter. Over simmering water in a double boiler,thoroughly blend the mustard paste and beaten eggs until combined and it thickens-roughly five minutes. Divide into small jars and refrigerate. I also have made this in smaller batches.The recipe can be cut in thirds due to the proportions easily .You may want to start out with a smaller batch to see if this is what you are looking for. It is very versatile for use in sandwiches ,deviled eggs, sauces,etc. hope you enjoy.

Diana B
Diana B December 8, 2012

CHeeb is correct that the Sweet Hot Mustard s/he posted is not safe for home canning because of the eggs (but it certainly sounds delicious!).

birdsong567
birdsong567 December 9, 2012

Thank you everyone! I have several ideas now. I very much appreciate your comments.