A question about a recipe: Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef

Ed11481c 77d1 4bc4 9c8c 079271c8af8a  8222494410 c497a1065a b

I have a question about the recipe "Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef" from Genius Recipes. sauce flavor too dark

asked by mstew almost 6 years ago

Are you still cooking or is the brisket done? Let us know and we'll help you out!

mstew

Cooked it yesterday -- was very dark around the edges of the pot. Flavor of sauce is bordering on burned today -- wondering if I can salvage with ketchup, or molasses, or chicken stock...hate to lose 7 lbs of meat.

cookbookchick

I made this the other day -- it produced a lot of liquid which would keep the meat from burning (because it never got dry). the sauce itself wouldn't burn unless it dried out. where is the burned taste coming from? Also, have you tasted the meat? Even if you don;t care for the flavor of the sauce, the meat should still be good to eat. We have had leftovers twice and they tasted even better each time.

Yes, I would taste the meat and the sauce both before doctoring -- you can add a little liquid (water or stock) to the sauce if it's dry. Let us know how it tastes!