about the apple cake, don't have a tube pan, what else can I use?

asked by Ms Scarlett almost 6 years ago

A 9" tube pan holds 12 cups so you'd want to substitute with another baking pan of the same size, like a 10" bundt pan. Or you could try making it in 2 8" round cake pans

Celeste the calligrapher

I made the apple cake in a 9x13 pan and decreased the time to 45 min. Dusted powder sugar snowflakes and it was good! :)

sfmiller

Two 9" x 5" (or 8.5" x 4.5") loaf pans make a good substitute for a 9" tube pan. The resulting cake will have a height and density similar to one baked in a tube pan, which won't happen if you bake in a flatter, broader pan (though that might turn out OK, in its own way).