🔕 🔔

hey can you freeze bake macaroni after you cook it

asked by bobbybell718 almost 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Yes you can. It's like freezing lasagna. Freeze it after combining the cheese and pasta. Bake it after freezing.

Stouffers does it and sells it in the freezer aisle, so yeah.

Yes, just don't bake it until your ready to eat it

6a0f4785 dd19 4907 b4f7 623ca9c34279  stringio

the question was can you freeze after you cook it. Well here's where there might be health issures if not down correctly. If the pan has been sitting out and people have been double dipping into it, and sneaking spoonfuls into their mouths while using that spoon again, then you can run the risk of contamination so don't serve it for a party. To be sure of the food saftey, cool it down, then freeze it. It's best to freeze it first without a wrap to insure that ice crystals don't form. Hey just eat it up.

I always freeze it after I cook it, since I only cook for 3 people and my recipe usually serves 8. I divide it into single portions, put it into zip lock bags (be sure to get out all the air). Then I throw it into my lunch bag and microwave it for lunch at work.