🔕 🔔

chocolate ganache

I am dipping brownie squares in ganache. I have let the brownies cool, but do I refrigerate after dipping? I want a shiny hard shell. Using a heavy cream, semisweet chocolate and corn syrup recipe.

asked by NomNom over 4 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Ganache will be soft at room temperature, so I'd definitely put the dipped brownies in the fridge. Are you looking for a shell like you'd expect on a chocolate coated candy?

44c642cc cf48 4b09 a9dd b702e7cec19c  catfish

Yes, I'm hoping. Like the coating on a ding-dong.

Did it work out okay? If you try again I'd suggest the "mirror glaze" found in the middle of this page: http://mrjeffmccarthy.com...
It is similar to a ganache in ingredients, but the proportions are different and it turns out like what you're looking for.

The test piece in the fridge hardened with a semigloss glaze but I don't like the fridge action on the brownie. The counter piece glossed over shiny and nice, but not stackable. I glazed part of the pan, and I think I like brownies without icing.