🔕 🔔

I made the ganache and the dipping chocolate today for Kahula truffles, then ran out of time/energy/patience to roll & coat them. I know the ganache will be OK in the fridge overnight, actually better for it. My question is about the coating. The recipe says to keep at room temp. while the ganache chills, then re-melt in the double boiler (it was melted once already when I did the ganache, you remove 1/2 the melted chocolate for the coating). It's equal parts 72% Valhrona and Abuelita Mexican chocolate. I think it'll be ok, covered with plastic on the kitchen counter overnight. My kitchen stays quite cool when I'm not cooking in it? Anyone concur or disagree and think it should be refrigerated? Thanks !

asked by RobertaJ almost 7 years ago

7d6f1c7c 61b9 4b07 86e4 dbd4b1caeb8d  coopers

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the dipping chocolate sets, will it remelt OK, and still have a smooth, silky shine to it.... I'm sure it will taste fine, just more concerned about the look/texture...

8c5e3e9f 1b4a 49bc b261 442225295683  stringio

You can leave it at room temperature overnight...it will firm up but that is perfectly OK. Just re-melt it tomorrow the same way you did it today and coat them.

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

I always save the chocolate leftover from dipping. I put it in a Rubbermaid container with a tight lid and keep it in the pantry next to my other chocolate. If I won't be using it for dipping within a month, I use it as a drizzle on iced cakes or plain cookies to make them spiffy, and I've never had a problem with taste, texture or shine. The two cups left from my Thanksgiving candymaking will be blended with the coating I'm using tomorrow.

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

If you do put in fridge just be careful to not get moisture from condensation in or on top when it solidifies.