🔕 🔔

I want to take a recipe for chocolate-dipped pretzels and add mint extract, but I wasn't sure how much extract to use. It's 10 oz of chocolate - any ideas?

asked by WannabeBaker about 7 years ago

693453b7 7e84 4b19 b610 d1ec77bbc42d  halloween

Peppermint extract is so potent- Would start with 1/4 tsp and then taste- (you can put a bit of the mixture onto a pretzel and then freeze it briefly so you can quickly assess how minty it will be once the chocolate is hardened) Also, might depend if you are going to crush some candy canes on top (if you are, there's currently another food pickle thread about best ways to do this).

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I agree w iuzzini. Start teeny. & the candy canes sound yummy too!

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I would make some plain chocolate, too--not everyone likes mint-flavored chocolate.

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

For Thanksgiving, I made cheater marshmallow fudge and instead of using regular chocolate chips, I used a bag of Andes candy morsels. I thought it turned out just okay, but two of my grandchildren thought the fudge was better than all the other candy I made, including the peanut butter balls. Now they want me to do pretzels and cookies with the Andes, so I probably will.