The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

How long will tofu stay fresh in the refrigerator

asked by Dorothy Ann over 4 years ago

As soon as you open the package of tofu, rinse your leftover tofu and store it in clean water. If you replace this water everyday your tofu will last at least a week! If you don't change the water the tofu might start taking on the smells (and flavors) of your fridge, and I find goes rancid faster.

I have eaten tofu for over 30 years now and have never changed water daily. Every 2-3 days will do. If you forget, and water turns yellowish,
"refresh" it by first rinsing,then adding it to boiling water for 5 minutes.It will then keep for several days or be ready to use. BTW, I find tofu keeps for a couple of weeks. Also, tofu is best if drained of water by placong it on a plate and putting a weight on top for 5 minutes (I use a small,but heavy. mortar and pestle