🔕 🔔

Do I have options for a cheesecake crust other than graham crackers?

I don't like graham cracker crusts, and I don't know that an oreo crust would always match. But I feel like people must've done something before graham crackers were easily available. I'd be willing to make something from scratch.

asked by Scriwi almost 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Here's a cheesecake recipe that uses ground almonds for a crust:
http://www.marthastewart... Or you can make a cheesecake crust dough:
Cream 1 stick butter with 1/4 cup sugar. Mix in 1 large yolk and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Then mix in 1/4 cup AP flour and a pinch of salt. Form disk and chill for 30 min. Foll out dough to fit snugly in a 10" springform pan. Freeze for 15 min and then bake in 350 oven until golden brown (about 18 min) Let crust cool before filling it