A question about a recipe: Very Simple Salmon Chowder

513996ab 1ae3 4ca1 a0cc 90702813e3ee  dscn6942

I have a question about the recipe " Very Simple Salmon Chowder" from inpatskitchen. Do you think shrimp stock would work here instead of fish stock or clam juice?

asked by Tarragon almost 6 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I definitely think so! And if you like, you could throw in a handful or two of small shrimp just before you turn off the heat.

Tarragon

Thank you, Pat, great idea on the shrimp. (I love all of your recipes)!

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. One thing though, I find shrimp stock to be a bit saltier than fish stock or clam juice, so maybe keep an eye on the seasoning.

Please let us know how it turns out.