🔕 🔔

How did you grate the beets for the borscht?

asked by Destry almost 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Just like you grate carrots. Wash and peel the beets and then grate them on a box grater

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I use my food processor, that way they don't get beet blood everywhere and it's done in like 2 seconds

'beet blood', i love that.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I've never grated beets for borscht. I, like my mom and grandmom, used chunks of beet ... 1/4" to 1/2" size.
Getting rid of beet blood is easy- a spray bottle with water and a bit of bleach does it .

For years I used my box grater like my grandmother did. But I ruined too many clothes and cute kitchen towels. Now I use my food processor and it takes half the time and I don't have to change into trash clothes and I don't gave to scrub floors if any drops.