🔕 🔔

How are beets good for you

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

Internally ;)

But seriously, off the top of my head, they are very high in trace minerals, fibre, natural sugars. The leaves are very high in iron and Vit. K (which is essential for blood clotting so you don't bleed to death from a paper cut). And a bunch of other good stuff that I bet someone else here can give you in more detail.

Basically they are a really good food for cleansing toxins and for the cardiovascular system. I've often seen them included in anti-inflammatory diets.

Here's a wiki link with some decent citation if you want to learn more: http://en.wikipedia.org...