🔕 🔔

Sunday Pork Ragu Recipe calls for 8 links of sausages in total. How many pounds would this be. What size sausage links. can i also use dried chirizo?

asked by mrstkach almost 5 years ago

F9b7e6b7 c1e7 4b4e b059 3e4550c2b78c  open uri20130103 17063 6cmnrh 0

I do not know about the pounds but if you have medium or large that would be good. I would also not use the dried chirizo.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Since CookinginVictoria removes the meat from the casings you could just buy loose sausage meat both sweet and hot Italian sausage. I buy Italian sausage all the time and I think 8 links would be about 2 lbs give or take. I agree with Matt NO to the chorizo, totally different flavor profile and this is an Italian ragu

i agree about the chirizo just had some nice ones on hand. thanks guys

The links run 3 to 4 per lb, depending on size. I agree on the 2 lbs. and of course the dried chorizo won't serve the same function here compared to a raw sausage and would be a waste of the chorizo in a way.

I ended up using 7 sausages (real italian) and a rack of back ribs as I couldn't get the necks. It seems like a lot of meat but I am following the recipe exactly. I just overflowed my sink while typing this - AWESOME, water everywhere - ha.

Cef49d72 d554 46db a888 e97e0311e08e  cimg0737

Sorry I didn't see this question earlier. Hope that you enjoyed the ragu! Agree with above posters that chorizo would not be the best choice for this recipe -- it would definitely impart a different flavor profile. In terms of amounts, the recipe is pretty forgiving. I would say anywhere between 1 1/2 pounds and 2 pounds of sausage will work fine. The key is to do a mix of sweet and hot sausages, if you can. :)