Nu suggestions for a side to go with "Pork and Fennel Sausage Ragu with Porcini Mushrooms"?

We'll be out during the day so I'll make the ragu in advance and then heat it up when required. I'll be feeding 8 Adults and need to avoid pasta and polenta please.

asked by Rebecca over 4 years ago

Rebecca

Sorry that should be need not nu!!!

Taylor Schwartz

I'd go with a light and acidic salad or vegetable to balance the richness of the ragu. Here's an option: http://f52.co/1qO4nxt

Rebecca

That sounds lovely Taylor! I'd also like a carb but don't seem to be able to find an Italian potato side dish??

What about putting that ragu over spaghetti squash? I started to suggest a salad, but then there's nothing else to put the ragu on.

Mashed cauliflower makes a lovely base for rich stews. I make mine in my Cuisinart with ghee and coconut milk, but you can use butter and cream or half and half. You can make it ahead. It reheats beautifully.

PazzoNico

Bread.

ATG117

Polenta and a crisp, acidic salad for balance.

A salad based on rapini would be good.

Rebecca

Thanks All, I went for a cheese filled bread, like the one in the pic and a roast veg salad with a caraway seed dressing yum!!