I have made soap. Now what?

I meant to make "pistachio and rosewater meringues" but what came out were beautiful clouds of edible soap. They are awful. Any good ideas for how to turn them (crushed, buried, pureed) into something marvelous? I hate to just throw them away.

• Posted by: AAEJ
  • January 11, 2013

HalfPint January 11, 2013

Make a semifreddo by sweetened whipping cream and mixing in crushed meringues, then freeze.

Voted the Best Reply!

hardlikearmour January 11, 2013

If they are awful it may just be best to toss them. Better that than spend extra time and potentially end up with another dish that is awful.

Maedl January 11, 2013

I agree--if the taste ismthat bad, you won't be able to cover it up.

susan g January 12, 2013

When you say 'soap', is it an off taste from the rosewater? There could be too much or the rosewater you used isn't to your expectations.

AAEJ
AAEJ January 14, 2013

Hi All, OP here. Thanks for the help. There was no hope for the meringues. The rosewater flavor (Nielsen-Massey brand) was just too strong. I liked the semifreddo idea, but couldn't work out a flavor for the whipped cream that would complement the rosewater. I remade the meringues using raspberry flavoring and they were fabulous.