🔕 🔔

I have made soap. Now what?

I meant to make "pistachio and rosewater meringues" but what came out were beautiful clouds of edible soap. They are awful. Any good ideas for how to turn them (crushed, buried, pureed) into something marvelous? I hate to just throw them away.

asked by AAEJ almost 5 years ago

Make a semifreddo by sweetened whipping cream and mixing in crushed meringues, then freeze.

I agree--if the taste ismthat bad, you won't be able to cover it up.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

When you say 'soap', is it an off taste from the rosewater? There could be too much or the rosewater you used isn't to your expectations.

Hi All, OP here. Thanks for the help. There was no hope for the meringues. The rosewater flavor (Nielsen-Massey brand) was just too strong. I liked the semifreddo idea, but couldn't work out a flavor for the whipped cream that would complement the rosewater. I remade the meringues using raspberry flavoring and they were fabulous.

80553650 1425 41c8 9803 aa8ead7f1656  img 1240