🔕 🔔

I'm researching dutch ovens. (I ? the fall!) The finalist: LeC, Staub, Emile Henry-Flame. Thoughts?

asked by @learningtostir almost 7 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I love my Le Creuset, but haven't compared with the others!

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

I have one of each and I lean toward the Le Creuset. But make sure you shop at discount stores like TJMaxx before you buy. I have found them for as little as 30 dollars.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

I really like the Emile-Henry Flame. There's just something about cooking in earthenware that improves flavors. I had a discussion with Russ Parsons about this. Is it because it breathes? or is it because it becomes seasoned with use? You can always find deals on Le Creuset because each time they change colors they tend to be marked down. I have a whole bunch of mismatched ones.

Fbc31129 dd77 4f50 92da 5ddc4a29c892  summer 2010 1048

Have to put in a plug for Staub. I love mine, though it seems even heavier than LeC, if that's an issue.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

LeC at TJ Maxx.