🔕 🔔

Quick soak dried fava beans?

I am making fava beans using dried beans. With all beans I do the quick soak method - bring to a boil for several minutes, take off burner and let sit for one hour before cooking. Can I do the same with fava beans? Thanks in advance!

asked by SKK over 4 years ago

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Check www.hippressurecooking... -- if you have a pressure cooker. I was amazed at what she can do, and she covers both favas and quick soak techniques.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Thanks, Susan! I don't have a pressure cooker. First time I have ever worked with fava beans. I did the quick soak method and peeled them before cooking as one website recommended. Well they have a wonderful flavor and are mushy. I wanted them for a salad, now they will be a soup.

http://www.hippressurecooking... -- another use. (I've had some dried favas for a long time. Must be my turn to use them!)

27f75361 d13f 4476 a4e4 1614fbd82c71  fb avatar

Quiche is meat and gluten free if you don't make a crust for it. It can also easily be made with simple ingredients you might have at home so you don't have to venture out in the snow.

7e0b313d 12d6 4069 b603 221b729e5e7a  dsc 0034

Yep! I tried it and works just fine. Another method I used is cooking in the m in the Dutch oven. Cover beans with 1 inche of water and a pinch of salt and cook in 325 F with the lid on for about 75 min. If they are not done in time, add more water a cook a little longer.