🔕 🔔

Quick soak dried fava beans?

I am making fava beans using dried beans. With all beans I do the quick soak method - bring to a boil for several minutes, take off burner and let sit for one hour before cooking. Can I do the same with fava beans? Thanks in advance!

asked by SKK over 5 years ago

Check www.hippressurecooking... -- if you have a pressure cooker. I was amazed at what she can do, and she covers both favas and quick soak techniques.

Thanks, Susan! I don't have a pressure cooker. First time I have ever worked with fava beans. I did the quick soak method and peeled them before cooking as one website recommended. Well they have a wonderful flavor and are mushy. I wanted them for a salad, now they will be a soup.

http://www.hippressurecooking... -- another use. (I've had some dried favas for a long time. Must be my turn to use them!)

Athena103181

Quiche is meat and gluten free if you don't make a crust for it. It can also easily be made with simple ingredients you might have at home so you don't have to venture out in the snow.

Daria Faulkner

Yep! I tried it and works just fine. Another method I used is cooking in the m in the Dutch oven. Cover beans with 1 inche of water and a pinch of salt and cook in 325 F with the lid on for about 75 min. If they are not done in time, add more water a cook a little longer.

Daria Faulkner