what's the time of roasting beef per lb for a perfect mid. rare ?

asked by @AnnaBabbo over 5 years ago

Check out this recipe -- it's an unusual method, but we love it. http://food52.com/recipes...

bigpan

all ovens are different temnps, and all roasts are different. Using 325F I would consider about 15 min./lb for med rare, BUT, always use a thermometer. Start checking when you think it is 3/4 done and pull it out at 130F and tent and rest for 15-20 minutes. I like it a bit more rare and want to be double sure it does not overcook, so I pull it out at 125F.
Invest in a good instant-read thermometer.

bigpan

PS - my 325F is convection.

Yes, a non-convection oven will probably take longer. Personally I would begin with a hotter oven, like 375F. Trust the dial. What really matters is the internal temperature of the meat.