🔕 🔔

Why don't my bundt cakes come out of the pan cleanly?

Anytime I make a bundt cake, it doesn't come out of the pan cleanly. I have tried many combinations of greasing and flouring the pan, with no success. I don't seem to have this problem when I use a tube pan. Any suggestions? Am I just not letting the cake cool long enough before turning it out? I usually let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes and if it doesn't want to let go by that point I give it more time.

asked by minibakersupreme over 3 years ago

First question: what fat are you using to grease? butter seems to be the best for me. never had a problem unmolding cake when I grease with butter.

2. It may be the recipe. Some cakes are too fragile and 'sticky' to come out cleanly from a bundt pan. My favorite choc cake recipe is one of these cakes, even when I butter and flour the bundt pan, it sticks and breaks upon my attempts to remove.

8a2c197a eaf6 414d 8be8 e1212df9ad42  nasturtiums

Ok, thanks! The recipe was written for a bundt cake, but that was my suspicion. I work as a baker, so I frequently use the industrial strength pan spray we have. Next time I make this recipe I'll try some butter, though.

97a8ddcf b448 426a 9bd8 eed4b204cdb5  hussie icons chl

I have an elaborate bunt pan and I have found that softened butter painted on liberally with a pastry brush (scrubbing it into every nook and craney) before dusting does the trick.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I have a non-stick bundt pan and I spray the heck out of it with bakers spray - haven't had any problems de-panning. Not that I am super-expert or anything but I do bake now and again.

I also brush the butter into all the nooks and crannies of the bundt pan, but rather than flouring the pan, try coating it with sugar or cocoa. Both also work, sometimes better than flour.