How to make creamy pasta sauce

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

Last night, I made a quick creamy pasta by tossing hot cooked noodles (fettucine) with some creme fraiche, a little butter, and a generous helping of grated parmesan. Just toss it all together, season with a little salt, fresh ground black pepper. Dinner was served in about 15 minutes.

If you don't have creme fraiche, sour cream would work. Or you can take some heavy cream or half&half, simmer until it's thickened. Likewise you can thicken it by adding a little cornstarch or Wondra. Then add the grated cheese or not, and toss with some butter and hot pasta.

ChefManuela

Halping you have not seen the signature! Whole food market customer would (should) not add cream to pasta sauce!.
The tip of corn starch is fine but best would be to heavily blend the sauce.

www.cooking-class-authentic-tuscany.com

The WF customer asked for a "creamy" pasta sauce, no indication of whether that sauce was tomato-based. And why couldn't you add a touch of cream to any pasta sauce to make it creamy?