A question about a recipe: Coconut Butter + Vanilla Bean Coconut Butter Cups

68b717d5 334a 4fa1 a74f 99e3cd1b9fdc  untitled 3 2

I have a question about the recipe "Coconut Butter + Vanilla Bean Coconut Butter Cups" from Ashley McLaughlin. Can I use my Vitamix or is it best to to use a food processor?

asked by MQAvatar over 5 years ago

I haven't read the recipe, but for something "creamy" the Vitamix is way better than a food processor. Even a good stick blender would likely be better.

Stephanie G

Although my Vitamix is much more powerful than my food processor, I use the food processor for all my nut butters. I lose lots of the recipe in my Vitamix because it doesn't come apart. The food processor's blades come off & I can use my spatula to scrape it all out. Very difficult in the Vitamix.

The Vitamix is virtually self cleaning. Just a small amount of liquid detergent, fill halfway with water, clamp on the lid and crank it up to high. Anything thats left to be cleaned will be mostly on the outside.

ellenl

And the vitamix aerates everything.