A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies

D0130c7d e57a 43e5 bc9c 59b1477becc1  best cocoa brownies genius desserts 213 1

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies" from Genius Recipes. does the parchment paper need to be greased?

asked by glp over 5 years ago

Nope!

dymnyno

I don't think so...I never do.

Parchment paper is designed not to be greased. And it doesn't burn in the oven when baking. As near as I can understand parchment paper is coated with some thing so it is a nonstick, heat resistance surface. I consider it a miracle.

ChefOno

What's even more of a miracle are the sheets of parchment used in commercial kitchens. They're pre-cut to fit a sheet pan and they don't curl like the stuff in rolls.

ctgal

Mine should have been greased lightly. It did stick in places. I had to be very careful.

Missy Leone

No. I used a non-stick pan, though.