🔕 🔔

What is "Airline Chicken?"

A special cut I'm unfamiliar with or more of a cutlet?

asked by Lazarus over 4 years ago

A boneless, skin on chicken breast with a small drumstick attached.

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

traditionally served with a side of canned peas and carrots.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Wing bone on (with tip cut off) would be a French Airline Cut, wing bone off is North American style, ie, the breast alone. Originally used for airline meals to fit onto the small plates and dishes you get. (or used to get - now you get a bag of peanuts for five bucks)

Thank you y'all. Seems like I've only recently started seeing recipes mentioning this cut.

Indeed, I remember those days well. I actually have some old metal trays and spoons from United Airlines and National that I was able to pick up from Fishs Eddy.