🔕 🔔

5dd58b70 52d5 415a 8478 ba9053b33e62  kenzi
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

That depends on how finely ground your meal is. Whether or not you can freely swap them out also depends on what recipe you're using it for. You'll only need a 1/2 cup of almonds to yield about 3/4 cup ground almonds (in your food processor), so I might recommend just going out to get them!

Ef581ac0 2eff 43ec b0a7 d6aa1b61ab38  fc macaroon 830
Joanne Chang

Joanne Chang is the pastry chef/co-owner of Flour Bakery+Cafe and chef/co-owner of Myers+Chang in Boston.

Ground almonds are typically not as fine as almond meal so I agree with Kenzi that you should be wary of making the switch. You can grind almonds in a spice/coffee grinder if that helps!

F91e24fe 9edf 4e15 ba6b 76906fc5f610  pasta fresca

Also depends if almond flour is to be used as replacement of flour. Just measyre after grinding. Important, when grinding bleached whole almonds, add a teaspoon of starch or regular flour to catch the oil that otherwise you will loose on the side of the grinder. www.cooking-class-authentic...