Wow, that's a great looking recipe, and well worth the edit. Have you tried typing all your text into a Word document, and then using the control commands to lift it from the doc into the recipe template? This allows you to avoid having to select the measurement types from the drop down menu for each ingredient. I.e., you can select, copy and paste into the ingredient name field the number + measure + ingredient (such as "1 1/2 cup flour") in a single step. ;o)

LE BEC FIN

yes, that's exactly how i started doing it last year.so much easier than having to deal w/ that time wasting drop down window! i actually cut and paste the recipe into the top directions box and then lift the parts from there into the recipe lines . still, w/ all that, FOUR hours. yikers. i think it's because i keep clarifying/improving the directions. sigh.

Yes, I totally understand. For the past year or so, I've been waiting to post my recipes until I've actually tested at least once from my own hard copy first draft (or often, after testing my second hard copy, pre-posting draft). You should see some of the handwritten notes on some of those drafts. I tweak and edit, and edit and tweak, and only then do I upload it. (I have a crazy, scarily-unpredictable laptop that plays games with me, freezing at the most inopportune times, e.g., two minutes before an important conference call, or while I'm posting a detailed recipe . . . so the act of posting itself makes me really nervous!) I cannot imagine going through that for 4 hours. I'd have a stroke. ;o)

Monumental and it is a work of art, gorgeous recipe.

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

Brava! That is a time consuming recipe entering project! Hats off to you. :)

Un applauso! And to echo sentiments expressed above, it is best to put your recipe first into Word and then cut and paste. Lately the Food52 algorithms have been on a crime spree. You don't want to spend 3 1/2 hours typing your recipe step by step only to see it vanish---which can happen. Or in the case of two part recipes, become scrambled beyond your own recognition.

who'd ever guess how long it can take to get a recipe just right, clear and concise, replicable, etc. (let alone balanced flavors, good texture, etc.)

wssmom

Nice work!!!

Andrea Nguyen
Andrea Nguyen

Andrea is a cooking teacher, food writer, contributing editor at Rodale's Organic Life, and a cookbook author; her latest book is The Banh Mi Handbook.

Excellent work. Good recipe writing takes time, can wake you up in the middle of the night, may require do-overs. Keep it up!

Midge

Way to go LBC!

That's an impressive recipe all around. Am especially coveting an already-made recipe of the dough. Curious what other fillings you have used. I'm envisioning limitless possibilities! Merci bien, Mindy!

LE BEC FIN

primarily beef empanadas- both small hors d'oeuvre size, and the 6" large ones. pas de quoi, june!(as my dad used to say, facetiously, "Pass duh qwoy")!