🔕 🔔

I'm making a chocolate cake with beet root. It's supposed to be cooked and vacuum packed but I got it salad style, shredded. Is this cooked?

asked by Kate webb almost 5 years ago

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Taste it. Is it tender (as it would be if cooked) or crunchy (as if raw)? Though I cannot imagine eating raw beets, so I'd be surprised if they are raw. If they are raw or cooked but still firm, you could steam them for a few minutes to soften them up and make them tender.

They're probably raw for salads. If your beet cake is patterned on the carrot cake model, then the beets should probably be raw anyway. If you need to be able to puree them, though, do as above to test for crunch and proceed as cookbookchick recommends.

1d0d675a 5598 44a5 865e 32730d2a1273  186003 1004761561 1198459 n

Taste them to make sure that they don't have any vinaigrette on them.