hi Does anyone have an easy parsnip recepie?

asked by Faith E almost 8 years ago

chefdaniel

Ingredients

* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/2 pound low-sodium turkey bacon, chopped
* 1 pound parsnips, peeled and sliced
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* 1 tablespoon raw sugar
* 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar

Directions

1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the turkey bacon in the hot oil until almost crisp. Add the parsnips, onion, and chopped pecans. Cook and stir until the parsnips are almost tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the sugar and vinegar; continue to cook until the parsnips are tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.

Faith E

i dont have turkey bacon!!!

TiggyBee

http://www.food52.com/blog...

Faith E

need something more diet-y!!

TiggyBee

Maybe try googling. I'm sure you'll find something to fit your needs and expectations.

Faith E

thank you!! happy T day!

usuba dashi

Try them mashed . . very simple and wonderful. Also, you can mix the mash with mash potatoes, but add a little at a time to taste. Parsnips aren't everyone's favorite

Faith E

can i just roast them with the brussel sprouts

usuba dashi

I have never tried it, but I am always game for something different. Might want to add a little nutmeg and just before serving, add a little Mirin, but taste a bit on the side first.

healthierkitchen

I just made AntoniaJames' parsnip and butternut squash puree - quite delicious, but does add another ingredient.

I am making it ahead for a Friday buffet, so I have not yet added the creme fraich. As I will have to reheat, I'm planning to add a small amount of stock. I'm sure the cremem fraiche could be added to taste to control the amount a little.