🔕 🔔

I'm making a corned beef n cabbage dinner for 18 people today. I've got 14lbs of corned beef. Is 4 hours at 300•F a reasonable time and tem

asked by Pamela731 over 4 years ago

Okay, me again. If it were to be cooked stovetop, is 4hours at a low simmer a good amount of time?

I would go with the oven. And yes I think four hours at 300° is fine. Good luck

Late but curious...Isn't the point of "boiling" the corned beef to reduce the salt content? I don't know the answer to this, but I always figured that was the reason for cooking in water. If that is the case, though, wouldn't oven cooked be too salty? Maybe I should have put this in as a new question???