🔕 🔔

i just saw a piece on preserved lemons--after you preserve them how are they used in cooking?

I have been researching low-carb fruits and vegetables to go along with my protein diet cause of having bariatric surgery. Am looking to lose weight and improve my healthe.

asked by KJR over 4 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Here are a few ideas: http://food52.com/blog...

And a few more! http://food52.com/recipes...

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

I used them mostly as condiments to brighten up simple vegetables( brussel sprouts , broccoli, cauliflower ) ,sauces( mayo and aioli booster) , and gravies( poultry,ham or fish) .I also slip them into some meat dishes , like grilled cedar wrapped salmon .They keep the salmon moist and impart great salty lemon flavor as the fish cooks.Once you see how versatile and lost lasting they are, you will wonder how you lived so long without knowing about preserved lemons.

Many Moroccan and other North African recipes call for preserved lemons. Check a few books by Paula Wolfert and Claudia Roden for ideas.