Nigel Slater's Extremely Moist Chocolate beet cake.

I just made this and it came out very dry and spongy. I used the convection bake vs the bake option. Wrong? Help!!

asked by missyjeyne over 5 years ago

A convection oven can bake more quickly so if you kept the same time as the recipe, which didn't specify a convection oven, it may have over-baked

You also should lower the temperature by 25 degrees when using a convection oven, if the recipe called for 350 you would bake at 325.

missyjeyne

thanks Suzanne and Monita... I am a complete newbie with this baking thing so the info is very valuable =) I assume that by lowering the temp by 25 degrees, I would still bake for the same time?

Yes it would be the same bake time, I always start checking my cakes about 5 or 10 minutes before the prescribed baking time is up.

missyjeyne

thanks so much =)