Cake is soft and moist but still makes mouth dry

Hello there!!!
I'm Manisha. I baked simple vanilla cake using all purpose flour, yogurt, milk, vanilla essence, butter, oil, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
The cake was very soft and moist but still our mouth felt dry while eating it.
I don't know what's the problem...

asked by Manisha Agrawal 7 months ago

Hi, Manisha
Could you a recipe that we can look at? A list of ingredients does not offer much info about quantities or mixing method. So I can't tell if it's because you don't have enough fat or you didn't give enough aeration.

The one thing that does stand out is the lack of eggs. Eggs add moisture and texture. If you can't have eggs, maybe use an egg replacement.

TeveTorbes

Dude, it's 4/20, we've all been there.

Alyssa

I've had that issue when I accidentally used WAY too much baking soda in a recipe--did you add more than the recipe called for?