🔕 🔔

tarte tatin

we are going out to dinner tomorrow nite, but coming back hoe for dessert and coffee. i want to make an apple tarte tatin and my question is should i unmold it before we go (6:30pm) or leave it in the cast iron pan until we return (9:pm) and then "try" to unmold then. which do you think is better for the tarte and us
thanks

asked by alienor over 4 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Unmold it beforehand so you can relax and enjoy your dinner!

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I agree with Amanda. Also if it completely cools in the pan, I'd worry about the caramel solidifying too much, making it hard to unmold (i.e., you might have to re-warm it slightly to get it to release.)

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Also, I've found that food left to sit too long in even well-seasoned cast iron will sometimes discolor.