View count not displayed properly

I noticed that many of the new submissions for the contest have zero views, even after I clicked at them. For example, I commented on inpatskitchen's Porcini Popovers but it is still showing zero views. Is it only me, or others are experiencing the same?

Lindsay-Jean Hard April 8, 2013

Thanks for letting us know QueenSashy, the tech team is looking into it.

Just a reminder that you can always directly contact us with technical issues (or questions or comments about the site) at [email protected]

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN April 11, 2013

this is still a problem on my computer,LJ.

Lindsay-Jean Hard April 11, 2013

Apologies for the inconvenience LE BEC FIN. We had a temporary hiccup in the view count processing, but it's back up and running now.

em-i-lis
em-i-lis August 7, 2013

are people having this problem at present? none of my recipes have registered view counts for at least the past 6 weeks despite comments and saves. help- it's demoralizing!! :)

HalfPint August 7, 2013

I've had this problem for weeks now. And yes,Emily, it's totally demoralizing ;)

em-i-lis
em-i-lis August 7, 2013

Hi HalfPint, I'm sorry you're in the same boat yet I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's the pits!!! Eds- can you help? Many thanks!

Lindsay-Jean Hard August 7, 2013

To take it easy on our servers, the tech team adjusted the way view counts are updated - they take longer to update now, but rest assured, your recipe's view counts will go up over time! We understand this removes some of the instant satisfaction you gain after submitting a recipe though - we'll consider speeding it up, particularly for new recipes.

em-i-lis
em-i-lis August 7, 2013

Thanks, Lindsay-Jean. It seems that view counts only really show on the contest screens these days so perhaps the servers could be sped up just on those?

QueenSashy August 7, 2013

A scientist in me could not help but notice that the viewcounts are multiples of 29. An interesting algorithm!

Lindsay-Jean Hard August 8, 2013

Emily, I'll share that suggestion with the tech team, and nice catch QueenSashy!

ellenl
ellenl August 7, 2013

This has been the case for years.

dymnyno
dymnyno August 7, 2013

I asked the editors about this months ago...I don't think they realize how closely we watch it.

dymnyno
dymnyno August 7, 2013

I just noticed that these complaints are 4 months old and we are still complaining !

Lindsay-Jean Hard August 8, 2013

Hi dymnyno, four months ago the view count discrepancy was due to bug that was fixed. As I mentioned above, in order to take it easy on our servers, more recently the tech team adjusted the way view counts are updated - they take longer to update, but recipe view counts do go up over time. And as always, as a reminder for everyone, the best way to share feedback about the site or let us know about a technical issue is to send us an email - [email protected]