Last day! Take 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go grant some wishes » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

Need help CAKE POLL

K I am freaking out here cause its my son's 3rd birthday going to have a party. Have three ideas in mind all of them are just a various of the first. 1) Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate glaze with banana icecream on the side. 2) Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate glaze with banana icecream as the middle layer OR 3) Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate glaze with a banana cake middle layer. What do you think?

asked by ZombieCupcake over 3 years ago
C405edfb eff8 43c8 8d2a 9c901ad00568  ozoz bw january2014

If none of the kids coming have allergies, I like the first option, with the banana ice cream on the side.

Option 2 could be messy with the icecream melting in the middle.....

Option 3 may muddle the flavours of the cake.

Best of luck with everything - enjoy the party!

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Wow, am I invited? (Just kidding). They all sound lovely, but I agree with Kitchen Butterfly that Option 1 sounds least messy. You might also consider cupcakes ...

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I am with Monita, chances are that at least one of the kids will have nut allergy (speaking from experience). In all three cases peanut butter features as frosting only, you could replace it with caramel with similar effect... And regarding the options, I am with KB, looks like 1 is the safest bet.

Fc6a53ec b276 48a4 be9b bc69e85a9c0f  dsc00731

I second the suggestions to go nut-free and to consider cupcakes. Also, I find that for kids' parties it will be easier and a whole lot less stressful for you to buy cupcakes for the children. Save the lovingly homemade effort for your son on the day of his actual birthday! That's what I do for my kids' birthdays anyways...it helps to keep my stress level down.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

They all sound yummy, but if you're inviting teeny guests, avoid peanuts like the plague.

926ee962 060e 44e6 a1d9 878262f34bf8  image

Nope all good on the allergies. :)

012dfbd1 43d9 417a ae27 f5cd7f65b8fe  img 0736

when our daughter was three, we had her first "for friends" big birthday party. whatever you serve, whatever games you and the children play, it will be pretty special for both you and your son. i wish you both a wonderful time. or 2 special times: the kid party; a party just for family (we used to do it that way; for both events, our daughter got to pick the cake -- both design and flavors. the tradition continues -- though she's now ten times your son's age. still fun. and something that's still important to her.)i agree with others that option 1 seems best. have a great time.