Need help CAKE POLL

K I am freaking out here cause its my son's 3rd birthday going to have a party. Have three ideas in mind all of them are just a various of the first. 1) Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate glaze with banana icecream on the side. 2) Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate glaze with banana icecream as the middle layer OR 3) Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate glaze with a banana cake middle layer. What do you think?

asked by ZombieCupcake over 5 years ago

Kitchen Butterfly

If none of the kids coming have allergies, I like the first option, with the banana ice cream on the side.

Option 2 could be messy with the icecream melting in the middle.....

Option 3 may muddle the flavours of the cake.

Best of luck with everything - enjoy the party!

wssmom

Wow, am I invited? (Just kidding). They all sound lovely, but I agree with Kitchen Butterfly that Option 1 sounds least messy. You might also consider cupcakes ...

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I am with Monita, chances are that at least one of the kids will have nut allergy (speaking from experience). In all three cases peanut butter features as frosting only, you could replace it with caramel with similar effect... And regarding the options, I am with KB, looks like 1 is the safest bet.

saragrad

I second the suggestions to go nut-free and to consider cupcakes. Also, I find that for kids' parties it will be easier and a whole lot less stressful for you to buy cupcakes for the children. Save the lovingly homemade effort for your son on the day of his actual birthday! That's what I do for my kids' birthdays anyways...it helps to keep my stress level down.

They all sound yummy, but if you're inviting teeny guests, avoid peanuts like the plague.

ZombieCupcake

Nope all good on the allergies. :)

louisez

when our daughter was three, we had her first "for friends" big birthday party. whatever you serve, whatever games you and the children play, it will be pretty special for both you and your son. i wish you both a wonderful time. or 2 special times: the kid party; a party just for family (we used to do it that way; for both events, our daughter got to pick the cake -- both design and flavors. the tradition continues -- though she's now ten times your son's age. still fun. and something that's still important to her.)i agree with others that option 1 seems best. have a great time.