Fresh Eggs

My friend gave me eggs from his chickens he raises in his backyard, what is the best way to enjoy eggs as fresh as these?

asked by happycao over 5 years ago

Brette Warshaw

Fried eggs on toast!

happycao

Nice! Would I be wasting them by using them in baked goods?

CHeeb

Hollandaise,poached,soft boiled with toast soldiers ( I prefer five minutes in simmering water) egg salad...they will all be good with fresh eggs...NJOY...ch

SeaJambon

Yes - a waste for baked goods (except, perhaps a custard). Think of things where the egg flavor is accentuated.

lloreen

Fresh eggs really shine in the simplest of preparations. Scrambled very slowly over low heat in butter with a tablespoon or two of cream - or an herb omelette. I remember the first time I tasted a fresh farm egg and marveled at the bright yellow yolk. Such a revelation after those tasteless watery factory eggs.
Save those fresh eggs for a luxurious breakfast.

Raudi

For breakfast: soft boiled with buttered toast, a cup of freshly brewed coffee, outside on the porch in the morning sun. Preferable on a Sunday with some friends;-)