🔕 🔔

Does anyone know what kind of trays/pans that most chefs use for prep?

They are smaller than baking pans, but I don't think they are sizzle platters, I see most of the Michelin starred chefs using them in their kitchens. They're smaller than baking sheets, but look similar.

asked by James Durazzo over 4 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

"hotel pans" "half sheets" or "Quarter Sheets"
Go to a resturant supply store all those things are super cheep-Half sheet pans are 7bucks or less around here; some resturant supply stores are open to the public and you'll find some great deals--along with some very pricy item too.
http://www.acemart.com...

8a2c197a eaf6 414d 8be8 e1212df9ad42  nasturtiums

I agree, you're definitely talking about quarter-sheet pans. I've never worked in a restaurant that uses them, but I've been to barbecue restaurants that use them instead of plates.

Fca4e46d 262a 416c 8ce5 316470249de2  565101 1406091363 1702312332 n

We got a pile of them cheap at an auction and use them all the time for party and catering prep and the deeper ones are great for baking ribs etc.