🔕 🔔

What's your favorite sheet pan?

I'm looking to buy some new sheet pans (also called "jellyroll pans"), and I'm wondering if anyone has ones that they love. I'll mostly be using them for roasting vegetables and baking cookies. I'm willing to pay a premium for something that performs well and will last.

Food52 Alum

I use commercial half-sheet pans. They're really too big for most jelly roll recipes, but they're far sturdier than the ones sold in most retail stores.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I don't think Michael is necessarily looking for a sheet pan to cook a "jelly roll", June. It's often called a "jell roll pan" I've slowly converted to All-Clad's baking sheets and bake ware.

I have had good service from NordicWare half-sheet and quarter-sheet pans. Plain, bright aluminum; sturdy; made in the US; available online at a reasonable price.

1d0d675a 5598 44a5 865e 32730d2a1273  186003 1004761561 1198459 n

I usually get whatever is heavy duty at the restaurant supply store or the CIA. I somehow ended up with one that Thomas Keller left behind that is Vollrath Wearever, 18 gauge. (even has an etching of a clothespin on the back)

Wholefoods user icon

I have several, my favorite, hands down is my stone baking sheet from Pampered Chef. It roasts vegetables to perfection with little to NO oil as the stone absorbs oil therefor, flavor. I used it for bar cookies as well. I also have a stone baking pan from Rada that I roast larger amounts of veggies, cassoulets, biscuits etc. Simple to clean, no soap just scrape off bits. If you decide you want one do a girl a solid and purchase off my Amazon account through my blog ;} http://astore.amazon.com...

Happy baking!

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

I have a bunch of various makes, materials and vintages. My favorites are a cafeteria kitchen commercial half-sheet that bears the patina of use and age, and a much newer Goldtouch half-sheet from Williams-Sonoma. Look for the periodic 20% off sale on the WS pans.

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

I have two "Lincoln WEAR-EVER no. 5303" heavy sheet pans. They are nice and solid. Not sure if they are as heavy as professional but they may be. I really like them. Got them at Zabar's some years ago.

Forgot to add, I do use them for chocolate roulades by increasing the recipe.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I like the ones that fit in my oven.

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Chicago Metallic sheet pans are good, but I have all kinds and really, you just want one thick enough so it doesn't warp easily. There's almost nothing as frustrating as a warped sheet pan.