Convection oven or not? I never dreamed of using my convection oven for roasting my turkey until Sam Sifton at the NYTimes posted this link in answer to a question:

http://bit.ly/f2MHQp

Anyone using their convection oven?

asked by phyllis almost 8 years ago

usuba dashi

Convection oven will give you a more even cook, but use lower temperatures and be warned that the turkey will cook more quickly, might even over brown if you are not careful.

phyllis

Thanks usuba dashi. Yes, convection cooks about 25% faster than a regular oven.

I only use convection, unless there is some really compelling reason not to. You do have to watch for over-browning, but that's easily solved with a foil tent.