🔕 🔔

Convection oven or not? I never dreamed of using my convection oven for roasting my turkey until Sam Sifton at the NYTimes posted this link in answer to a question:

http://bit.ly/f2MHQp

Anyone using their convection oven?

asked by phyllis almost 7 years ago

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

Convection oven will give you a more even cook, but use lower temperatures and be warned that the turkey will cook more quickly, might even over brown if you are not careful.

445e20c3 ae7c 4384 a5f7 c63a3b70db4d  img 2825

Thanks usuba dashi. Yes, convection cooks about 25% faster than a regular oven.

I only use convection, unless there is some really compelling reason not to. You do have to watch for over-browning, but that's easily solved with a foil tent.