🔕 🔔

Soft-boiling quail eggs in advance?

I am planning a cocktail party, and since there will be a lot of moving parts, I'm trying to make as much as possible in advance.

One hors d'oeuvre calls for soft-boiled quail eggs: must I boil these a la minute? Or can I a) boil them the morning of, and keep them in the shell until just before serving, or b) (even better), soft-boil them the morning of, remove the shells, and then gently reheat them in water just before serving.

Thoughts?

asked by Cristina Sciarra about 5 years ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

Modernist Cuisine wrote an article about the secret to perfect soft-boiled eggs: http://modernistcuisine... Perhaps not the method you want to follow, but the tips on peeling and reheating might be helpful.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I like plan B - can you test it out ahead of time? Those little fellas can be buggers to peel ...