duck eggs!

I bought a dozen eggs from a local farmer. The first one I boiled until it was just between soft and hard boiled, the white was set and the yolk just beginning to gel as it cooled. It was delicious and very rich — I enjoyed but couldn't finish it. Then I made two loaves of brioche bread. Usually I add saffron to my brioche for color but I didn't this time and it was still the deepest, most beautiful golden yellow. The eggs have a slightly gamey flavor that I enjoy when plain but it is not apparent when added to baked goods.

I still have 7 eggs left. What would you do with them? Either savory or sweet suggestions appreciated!

• Posted by: Lindsey
  • December 1, 2017

Caitlin Tallar
Caitlin Tallar December 1, 2017

creme brulee! cooked on top of a pizza!

702551
702551 December 1, 2017

Omelette, quiche, frittata

Greenstuff December 2, 2017

If you like eggnog, you should really try this recipe adapted from Fäviken by Magnus Nilsson. https://food52.com/recipes... I discovered it when I was reviewing the book as a Piglet Community Pick. I wrote it up for 6 duck eggs, but you could easily scale it back to use just one or two of the eggs you have left.

Nancy December 2, 2017

The usual, where you like a chicken egg and want the richer flavor (poached, on steak, in pasta, etc.).
There are lots of recipes and lists out there, for ex:
http://www.greatbritishchefs.com/ingredients/duck-egg-recipes

mainecook61
mainecook61 December 4, 2017

I have egg-laying ducks. I like best to use the eggs in ice cream---the most beautiful French vanilla ever (or any other flavor). Custards are nice, also. One place they do not work: popovers.