🔕 🔔

duck eggs!

I bought a dozen eggs from a local farmer. The first one I boiled until it was just between soft and hard boiled, the white was set and the yolk just beginning to gel as it cooled. It was delicious and very rich — I enjoyed but couldn't finish it. Then I made two loaves of brioche bread. Usually I add saffron to my brioche for color but I didn't this time and it was still the deepest, most beautiful golden yellow. The eggs have a slightly gamey flavor that I enjoy when plain but it is not apparent when added to baked goods.

I still have 7 eggs left. What would you do with them? Either savory or sweet suggestions appreciated!

asked by Lindsey about 2 months ago

E9c6484b 2b94 426a 9c21 167b5e6e4407  stringio
added about 2 months ago

creme brulee! cooked on top of a pizza!

3d6b515c 5134 4af9 8148 ce3943eda528  1px white
added about 2 months ago

Omelette, quiche, frittata

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

added about 2 months ago

If you like eggnog, you should really try this recipe adapted from Fäviken by Magnus Nilsson. https://food52.com/recipes... I discovered it when I was reviewing the book as a Piglet Community Pick. I wrote it up for 6 duck eggs, but you could easily scale it back to use just one or two of the eggs you have left.

added about 2 months ago

The usual, where you like a chicken egg and want the richer flavor (poached, on steak, in pasta, etc.).
There are lots of recipes and lists out there, for ex:
http://www.greatbritishchefs...

E0cc9d5c 6544 49fb b0e4 5c150d9ac0f7  imag0055
added about 1 month ago

I have egg-laying ducks. I like best to use the eggs in ice cream---the most beautiful French vanilla ever (or any other flavor). Custards are nice, also. One place they do not work: popovers.