i need a good recipe for a beef arm roast

i need a good recipe for beef arm roast

Ebc53203 b71f 42b2 bd53 a959ea4dc7f7  puggy cheeks

WileyP
WileyP April 19, 2013

Just about any stew or roast recipe that uses chuck roast will do very well with an arm roast. It is one of my favorite cuts!

boulangere April 20, 2013

Are you perhaps referring to a shank? If so, Wiley P's suggestion is so good. Brown it, braise it, remove the meat, and combine it with the braising vegetables and juices and serve it all over polenta Wow!

boulangere April 20, 2013

WileyP
WileyP April 20, 2013

Cynthia, I believe the shank consist of the radis and ulna (ie: in a human that would be the forearm), whereas an arm roast has but one round bone, the humerus (ie: the human upper arm). You are absolutely right about browning the meat before roasting or braising. And if you do cut the meat off and cube it before the the browning or longer cooking, be sure to throw the bone in to give the stew additional depth of flavor to both the meat and the sauce.

boulangere April 21, 2013

I should have explained my suggestion a bit better: by all means leave the meat on the bone while braising. By the end of its time in the pot, it should be virtually falling off, and the bone will lend great flavor.