🔕 🔔

Looking for a recipe for Lebanese salad dressing.It has sumac, lemon and garlic for starters.

asked by jane.coombs88 almost 5 years ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

I admittedly haven't made this. But in searching around, I'm pretty intrigued by this Chowhound thread: http://chowhound.chow.com.... If you expand the replies for rtms' comment, you'll see they posted Mary Salloum's recipe for Classic Lebanese Dressing from "A Taste of the Mediterranean Vegetarian Style" and noted that they add 1 tsp of sumac to it.

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

If you don' t mind the additional herbs, some blends of Za'tar make great vinaigrettes . My latest jar from Penzey's has sumac,thyme,sesame seeds,and oregano. I grate the garlic on my microplane, and use both lemon juice ,zest, and cider or white wine vinegars. A torn Romaine ,tomato,and cuke salad holds up well to this dressing. NJOY