🔕 🔔

Looking for a recipe for Lebanese salad dressing.It has sumac, lemon and garlic for starters.

asked by jane.coombs88 over 4 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

I admittedly haven't made this. But in searching around, I'm pretty intrigued by this Chowhound thread: http://chowhound.chow.com.... If you expand the replies for rtms' comment, you'll see they posted Mary Salloum's recipe for Classic Lebanese Dressing from "A Taste of the Mediterranean Vegetarian Style" and noted that they add 1 tsp of sumac to it.

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

If you don' t mind the additional herbs, some blends of Za'tar make great vinaigrettes . My latest jar from Penzey's has sumac,thyme,sesame seeds,and oregano. I grate the garlic on my microplane, and use both lemon juice ,zest, and cider or white wine vinegars. A torn Romaine ,tomato,and cuke salad holds up well to this dressing. NJOY