Can I find another purpose for lemon and garlic I stuffed in a roast turkey?

I cooked and turkey and stuffed the cavity with lemons, garlic and shallot. I wanted to know if there is anything else I can do with them (since its quite a lot). They have held their shape since garlic and shallot still unpeeled and lemon is in quarters. Everything still seems really fragrant and I would like to put to another use if possible.

C Sangueza
C Sangueza July 10, 2018

If you are going to cook up the bones to make a broth add the garlic and shallot to that. I know from experience that adding the lemon to the pot makes it bitter. I would be skeptical about using any of this with another food that was not going to be well cooked seems like there could be cross contamination.

HalfPint July 10, 2018

Patricia Wells takes the lemons that she roasts in her chicken and squeezes the juice over the roasted meat right before serving. I think it will work with turkey too.

As for the garlic, if it's soft, spread on toasted bread.