🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Baked Beans

C9b8175b b913 42c0 b575 f89b6d8ac1e5  food52 04 23 13 2811

I have a question about the recipe "Baked Beans" from merrill. For the tomatoes - do you use 2 cans of chopped tomatoes? I have frozen ones from my garden and don't know how much to use based on the description

asked by hookmountaingrowers over 4 years ago

3d9a3882 c161 441f 8a91 0efd10979f7c  2007 09 11e s4

The phraseology used in the recipe is "2 chopped canned tomatoes." Taking that word for word, I would assume it means to remove 2 tomatoes from a can of whole tomatoes and chop them. The photograph associated with that recipe does not seem to show a great deal of sauce with the beans, and judging from the quantities of the other ingredients, I would assume (again) that small-ish or medium tomatoes would work just fine. Sounds like a really good, if somewhat intense recipe. I'd love to hear how it turns out!