🔕 🔔

In search of a basic icecream and gelato recipe

Oh WOW is it ever hot today. Good thing I have this icecream maker in my freezer. I don't actually have any recipes for it though... what's a girl to do?

I'm looking for a basic icecream and a basic gelato recipe that I can work from and try different flavours. I don't have any cream in the house, but I do have some regular goats milk which is fairly heavy. I've got vanilla, vanilla extract, rhubarb, and a few other essentials. The maker only does single servings so if you have a small recipe, that would be great.

oh one more thing, if the recipe had maple syrup instead of sugar, that would be exceptionally awesome.

Please help. Suddenly, the hot weather descended on us and I'm totally overheating.

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

This is fantastic, Jeni's ice cream base. You would have to sub for the cream and you can use maple syrup instead of some or all of the sugar (to taste) but it's a good basic ice cream recipe without eggs. http://food52.com/recipes... You can just cut the recipe in half if your ice cream maker is small.

I found this also using goats milk, http://www.iloveicecream... She uses egg yolks and honey which you can sub maple syrup. I have never tried this recipe but it sounds good.

94ff4163 13ec 407a a53b 792c87641e55  fsm
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

The goat milk one looks perfect. Any thoughts on what to do with the leftover egg whites?

I freeze them and make angel food cake when I have accumulated enough of them. Would love to hear about your goats milk ice cream. I have bought it and thought it is great.

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I typically use my leftover egg whites as an excuse to make Okonomiyaki, however since you're currently sweltering in the heat, standing over a hot pan doesn't sound so good. I'd suggest freezing them and then subbing them 2 egg whites for each whole egg in the Okonomiyaki recipe available on this website. Yum!

Well, this is my own recipe http://food52.com/recipes... and in Rome we are not afraid of goats.